Nottingham Gas Services are not only Viessmann trained installers on gas boilers but also Air Source Heat Pumps. We offer the very best installation and also honest advice if the technology is suitable for you or not.
Nottingham Gas are also MCS accredited so we can claim you up to £12500 in government funding through the RHI scheme (Renewable Heating Incentive).
What is an air source heat pump?
Air source heat pumps are a way to heat your home that could give you a greener alternative to your boiler system. They’re low maintenance- and they might just cut your heating costs. If your switching from an electric, oil, LPG or coal- fuelled system you can save up to 60% of your heating bills.
How air source heat pumps work
Get your science hat on & lets look at the process in simplified steps:
1) The unit absorbs heat from the air into a liquid refrigerant.
2) This fluid is turned into a gas.
3) Using electricity , the pump compresses this gas heating it up.
4) This heat is transferred into your homes heating system-your radiators, under floor heating and hot water.
5) Lastly, as the heat transfers, the gas condenses back into liquid and the cycle begins again.
Advantages of an air source heat pump.
They could lower your heating by 60%- particularly if your switching from electric, oil or LPG systems.
They produce fewer carbon emissions.
Using air, a renewable source , means they’ll lower carbon footprint.
They’re very efficient – they run well without wasting much energy.
They typically last longer than a boiler- about 20 years